- This event has passed.
Western Cape Process Controllers Technical Workshop – Water Quality Analysis – 3 May 2018
3 May 2018 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
The Western Cape Process Controllers division are hosting a Technical Workshop on the latest developments in Water Quality Measurement Automation. The Workshop will follow the Division’s Annual General Meeting.
The workshop will cover the following:
- Optimizing the control of your water treatment process with a reliable, non-contact measurement of turbidity.
- The continuous measurement of the concentration of chlorine dioxide, chlorine or ozone as a decisive tool for a safe disinfection of water.
- UV absorption measurement in raw water and after flocculation / sedimentation. This serves as an indicator of the purification performance of that treatment stage. Similarly, DOC measurement after activated carbon filtration gives information on the saturation of the activated carbon. This DOC measurement enables you to regenerate the activated carbon in time.
- Ozone measurement – Any residual ozone in the exhaust air must be decomposed by catalysts or by thermal treatment. Measuring ozone at the outlet of the residual ozone destructor ensures that the legal requirements regarding residual ozone concentration are observed.
- Microbiological measurement by an automatic flow cytometer – This provides a rapid and precise statement on the microbiological state of your water on a continuous and automatic basis.
Due to a generous sponsorship attendance to this event is free. Please RSVP to email@example.com by 2 May 2018
To view the programme please visit: Programme – Western Cape Process Controllers Workshop
Please note that the Western Cape Process Controllers Division will be holding its AGM prior to the workshop. There is no charge to attend the AGM and members are welcome to attend the AGM without necessarily attending the workshop. The AGM will be held from 09h00 – 10h30. Should you wish to attend please RSVP to Dewald van Staden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 073 163 4302.