Western Cape Process Controllers Workshop
28 November 2018 @ 5:00 PM - 29 November 2018 @ 10:00 PM
The Water Institute of Southern Africa (WISA) and its Process Controllers Division (Western Cape) will be hosting its 9th Process Controller Workshop in collaboration with the Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS – Western Cape) and the Cape Agulhas Municipality.
Previously known as the Western Cape Process Controller Open Day, this event has become an annual iconic event on the WISA calendar which has grown tremendously due to its popularity for knowledge, skill & technology transfer, updates on the developments surrounding the status improvement of Process Controllers, the process control environment in general and networking amongst Process Controllers from across the Western Cape.
One of the objectives from the onset has been to rotate the venue of this event in order to provide the various municipalities the opportunity for exposure by showcasing their installations and the municipal area in general to the delegates attending the event. This has worked very well as it has made for a very successful formula and thus far we have held it in Paarl (Drakenstein Municipality), Caledon (Overberg Water), Ceres (Witzenberg Municipality), George, Vredenburg (Saldanha Bay Municipality), Worcester (Breede Valley Municipality), Hermanus (Overstrand Municipality) and Plettenberg Bay (Bitou Municipality).
The details for the next event are as follows:
- Date: 28 to 29 November 2018
- Time Day 1: From 17:00 (Registration and Meet & Greet)
- Time Day 2: 09:00 – 15:00 (Actual workshop)
- 18:00 – 22:00 (Awards evening)
- Venue: “Die Glas Kasteel”, Sports Grounds, Bredasdorp
- R250,00 (Paid-up WISA member – Early Bird)
- R350,00 (Non-WISA member – Early Bird)
- R300,00 (Paid-up WISA member – Late registration)
- R400,00 (Non-WISA member – Late registration)
To register for this event please click on the button below.
The Process Controller Division of WISA rightfully acknowledges and values the role of all water and wastewater Process Controllers as a vital component of the Water Sector in ensuring the provision of safe drinking water to our citizens/communities and the treatment of wastewater to a standard that is not harmful to our precious water resources and the receiving environment. The workshop places the emphasis on providing a platform for empowerment and recognition of Process Controllers in the Western Cape and in the Water Sector. It will therefore primarily focus on the key areas within water and wastewater treatment processes that have a bearing on the efficient operations of a treatment plant, with the intention to equip Process Controllers with the knowledge and practical skills to operate their plants to the best of their ability, possibly exceeding the quality standards – this is our commitment.
The 2018 theme will address the fundamentals of both water and wastewater treatment process control with a different perspective – our presenters/facilitators will all be Professional Process Controllers. As per our usual modus operandi, we will also be having interesting exhibitions from suppliers and key players in the sector. As part of our revised programme of activities for this event we will be having an awards evening on 29 November 2018 to recognise excellence in the workplace which will set the tone for this auspicious occasion. More award categories to recognise competence and performance will be introduced this year. Municipalities will be required to submit motivations in compliance with the criteria set for these awards. (Guidelines will be provided)
The 2018 PC Open Day will have the following special accompaniments:
- Group awards for the best dressed and conduct Municipality (The PC Division Logo will be provided conditionally for t-shirts)
- Meet & Greet at the Sports grounds. Furthermore, this initiative aims to contribute constructively to the enhancement of both the Blue and Green Drop statuses of Water Service Authorities and Water Service Providers in the Western Cape, by bringing together the fraternity of Process Controllers and encouraging best practice in our methodologies. Participants will also receive certificates for their roles in the workshop that will afford their respective organisations Blue and Green Drop Certification bonus points. The theme of the workshop will be, “Make the connection”
- Early bird registration close on 28 September 2018.
- We encourage all Process Controllers and their respective municipalities to take full advantage of this exciting opportunity, which will advance their status towards professionalization.
- Also note that the workshop will be able to accommodate limited numbers and therefore the first 200 delegates to confirm attendance and make payment will be accepted.
- Please confirm your attendance at soonest with Mr Ronald M Brown on (021) 807 4725 or at Ronald.Brown@drakenstein.gov.za