- This event has passed.
Workshop: Innovative ideas and applications to monitor and manage WWTW’s and WTW’s
19 Sep 2018 @ 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
WISA Western Cape Branch & Process Controllers Division present:
One Day Workshop: Innovative Ideas and Applications to Monitor and Manage WWTW’s and WTW’s
Date: 19 September 2018
Time: 08h30 For 09h00 – 15h30
Venue: Arc Nietvoorbij – http://www.arc.agric.za/arc-infruitec-nietvoorbij/Pages/ARC-InfrNietv-Homepage.aspx
Sponsor: Aqua Africa
Cost: R350 WISA Members / R480 NON-WISA Members
- Turbidity – EPS/ISO, Laboratory, Methodology & Instruments Options.
- Turbidity – EPS/ISO, Process On-line Instruments, Methodology & Instruments Options.
- LuminUltra – On-Site Microbial Management WTW & WWTW. Intro to Rapid Microbial Monitoring in “Drinking Water”. This session will introduce Rapid Microbial Monitoring capabilities from LuminUltra and the opportunities it presents for enhanced water quality management in the drinking water industry such as flushing optimization, investigations, storage tank water quality management and many other real-world situations. (30 minute ML-Video Link)
(10h00 – 10h30)
- Intro to Rapid Microbial Monitoring in “wastewater”. This session will introduce Rapid Microbial Monitoring capabilities from LuminaUltra and the opportunities it presents for enhanced wastewater treatment process control. This will cover topics as inventory management, process optimization, management of toxicity and prevention of upsets. (30 minute ML-Video Link)
- Case study on Bio-Augmentation at Zandvliet WWTW. (30 minute ML_EA)
(10h30 – 11h00)
- TEA AND COFFE BREAK (11h00 – 11h30)
- Process Parameters and Instrumentation – WTW and WWTW. What parameters should be measured, how they are measured, the resultant impact of correct management and process measurement on process and plant efficiencies. (30 minute RCS)
(11h30 – 12h00)
- LUNCH 12h30 – 13h30
- Monitoring and Process Management to achieve excellence – Mr Gareth McConkey
(13h00 – 14h30)
- The Operational Compliance Monitoring System, Dewatering (Belt Press) Performance Models and 30 Minute Setting in Wastewater – G. Van Niekerk.
(14h00 – 15h30)