DWS Bursary Scheme 2023
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE BURSARY?
All learners that have passed Grade 12 and have been accepted at the 21 South African Institutions of Higher Learning within water related qualifications.
CAN YOU QUALIFY FOR THE BURSARY IF YOU DID NOT APPLY AT ANY OF THE MENTIONED LEARNING INSTITUTIONS?
No, you must apply in the listed Institutions of Higher Learning.
WHEN WILL YOU KNOW THAT YOUR APPLICATION IS SUCCESSFUL?
Successful applicants will be notified by November. A bursary pack will be forwarded to successful applicants.
• University of Pretoria • University of Kwa-Zulu Natal • University of the Free State • University of Cape Town • University of Stellenbosch • University of the Western Cape • University of Limpopo • Nelson Mandela University • Walter Sisulu University
• Tshwane University of Technology • Durban University of Technology • University of Witwatersrand • University of Johannesburg • University of Zululand • Rhodes University • University of Fort Hare • North West University • University of Mpumalanga • Sol Plaatje University Central University of Technology • Cape Peninsula University of Technology • University of Venda • Vaal University of Technology
THE FOLLOWING FIELDS OF STUDY ARE CONSIDERED FOR FUNDING, DEPENDING ON ANNUAL NEEDS ANALYSIS IN DEPARTMENT WATER AND SANITATION. REFER TO APPLICATION FORM FOR THIS YEAR’S QUALIFICATIONS:
Analytical Chemistry – Aquatic Sciences – Biochemistry – Project Management – Environmental Management Environmental Science – Geo-chemistry – Geographical information Systems – Water Care – Water Resource Management Water Utilization – Geo-hydrology – Geology – Hydrology Microbiology
– Civil Engineering
– Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
– Mechanical Engineering
Bursaries will be allocated based on a balanced consideration of the following factors:
• Academic performance
• Race and gender
• Financial need
• Need of DWS in reference to the specific qualifications
WHAT DOES THE BURSARY SCHEME COVER?
- Full tertiary registration and tuition costs
- Residence and meal fees
- Book allowance
- An annual personal allowance
Note: Bursary Obligation
DWS will require bursars who obtain their qualifications to join Water Learning Academy on a fixed term contract for a period of maximum of three (3) years.
When to apply for the BURSARY?
Applications open 01 June 2022 to 31 October 2022. Application form is available on the DWS website. or alternatively click here for the application form.