26 June 2023 @ 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Advanced Wastewater Treatment: Secondary Processes
Advanced Wastewater Treatment Control: Secondary Treatment Processes
2 CPD Points – WISA/ ECSA/ SACNASP
26 June & 3 July 2023
2 Day Course aimed at Process Controllers, Superintendents, Plant Managers, Plant Technicians, and Water Sector Officials.
An Assessment will be conducted upon conclusion of the course to ensure quality and a CPD certificate will be awarded to successful learners.
Course Presenter: Dewald van Staden – Pr PC Water, Pr. Nat.Sci, FWISA, Water & Wastewater Process Control Specialist
Many of the Process Controllers who are involved in wastewater treatment are quite proficient in their understanding of the processes being applied during treatment, but need some assistance when it comes to the calculations required to optimise these processes. This course focuses on those calculations as they apply to the Secondary Treatment Processes, especially Activated Sludge. The course is intended to be an interactive training event where the calculations will be unpacked, practiced and then interpreted in practical on-site situations.
Who should attend?
- Process Controllers
- Plant Technicians
- Plant Managers
- Water sector professionals
- Officials involved in the treatment of wastewater treatment
- F:M –ratio
- Solids Retention Time
- Oxygen Requirements
- COD:TKN -ratio
- Sludge Volume Index
- Clarifier Up flow Velocities
- Clarifier Solids Loading Rate
- Secondary Process Troubleshooting
- Practical Exercises & Open Book Test
There will be an open book examination on Day 2 of the course as well as an assignment to be handed in after the course in order for learners to be awarded respective CPD points.
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Perform calculations related to the Activated Sludge & Clarification Processes
- Interpret the results from those calculations
- Use the results from those calculations to perform troubleshooting on the Activated Sludge & Clarification Processes
The date of the course will be confirmed.
For more information on this course please contact Talent Khumalo on firstname.lastname@example.org