This event has been postponed until further notice. Once we have new dates selected we will update the website and inform the members.
“Leadership is the ability to draw people together to influence and direct them towards a goal, winning their loyal co-operation, respect and confidence.”
We have a leadership crisis! Where ever you look needs and opportunities are crying out for leaders to address them. Society faces more challenges than ever before. People are seeking security in an increasingly unpredictable world. What matters most is the ability to anticipate change and provide leadership.
This course is about:
- unlocking the leadership inside each one of us,
- growing the leadership in high potential up and coming leaders and
- strengthening the leadership of those already leading.
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way. John Maxwell
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- have an understanding of leadership principles and the requirements of leaders in the work place
- understand how to become an influencer at work
- explore their own level of credibility at work
- clarify their principles, values and what they believe in
- explore how to impact their work place through new vision and how to implement it
- know how to unlock what they need to get their work done
- know how to lead themselves in a way that enables them to overcome obstacles and solve problems
- know how to make a lasting impact on the workplace
- The Future of Management
- 5 Levels of leadership
- A new context for Leadership
- What do followers want from their leaders?
- Credibility – Foundation of Leadership
- Power and influence
- The leader within: discovering who you are
- Discovering your purpose
- Leadership styles
- Leading teams
- Leadership and the vision for the work place
“Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality." Warren Bennis
This is a highly interactive workshop. With the use of multimedia, group discussion, assessments and personal reflection, this becomes a deeply personal leadership experience for each participant with the goal being to enable them to apply what they have learnt back into the workplace.
This workshop is suitable for both non-titled and titled leaders at any level of an organisation.
Antony Jennings is a Strategic Change Facilitator and Trainer, Team builder and Motivational Speaker based in Port Elizabeth but operating throughout South Africa, East Africa and Asia. He grew up in Port Elizabeth, studied Physical Education at UPE (now NMMU) and then taught for three years at Dale College in King Williams Town. After 14 years fulltime in leadership in an International Youth NGO (YFC) he established his own Management Consulting and Training Company 15 years ago. Antony has extensive experience into the area of organizational culture and employee engagement. Antony is passionate about developing leadership and motivating people to take charge of their lives and to achieve their dreams through living a goal centered life. He is also involved in mentoring leaders and executives all over the world.
This 2 Day Course will be presented at the Water Institute of Southern Africa on 30 and 31 March 2020 and the costs are as follows:
Fundamentals of Modern Leadership Event Information
- WISA Member – R5500 (incl. VAT)
- Professional Process Controller (Pr PC Water)/ Fellow/ Senior Fellow – R5000 (incl. VAT)
- Non-Member – R6500 (incl. VAT)