Nelson Mandela Bay Metro
Operator: Treatment Works
Task Grade 07
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality seeks to urgently appoint Operators: Treatment Works for two of its wastewater treatment works. Works capacities vary from Class D to A, therefore only Class IV -V Process Controllers will be considered for the positions, as per the Department of Water and Sanitation regulations.
Attends to the purification of wastewater and treated effluent through application specific operating procedures controlling plant and machinery performance, conducting of tests and executing approved corrective measures to address deviations and attending to the removal and disposal of debris from components and/ or operating sections of the works to ensure process outcomes complies with the standards and prescribed specifications and optimum operating functionality is maintained.
Requirements: (Due to Water Services Act of 1997 regulation 17 schedule 4 changes a minimum of Class IV is required for this post)
- Appropriate level of Secondary Education
- Computer Literacy
- Code 08 (B) driving license
- Class IV – V Process Controller
- 1 – 2 years relevant working experience
- Good communication skills
- Good supervisory skills
- High level of attention to detail
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Physically fit and able bodied, will be required to undergo a medical examination at the NMBM Wellness Centre
- Work overtime as and when required
- Work shifts
- Work in all weather conditions
Interested applicants are requested to send their CVs and supporting documents to the Director: Human Resources, Mr C Jamda at email@example.com or call his office at 041 506 2448 or his Secretary, Ms Pamela Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her office at 041 506 3253.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.