Murray and Roberts Water
Murray and Roberts Water is seeking a Senior Mechnical Engineer to join their team. The purpose of the position is to provide mechanical engineering input into the preparation of feasibility studies, proposals and tenders, basic and detailed engineering and design, technical procurement support, commissioning assistance and project execution support in accordance with project requirements and timeframes and company procedures. Input is required in in the water and wastewater treatment sectors, structural and mechanical works, with an oversight role with regard to E, C&I integration.
- Proven track record of 10 to 15 years relevant mechanical engineering experience in project related work
- Proven experience within the water and wastewater treatment, structural, mechanical and process and storage plant- project environment
- Experience with a wide range of mechanical equipment such as pumps, cranes and hoists, compressed air systems, tanks, vessels, fire water systems, fans, screens, membrane technologies, settling tanks, mixers, aerators, blowers, etc.
- Experience with a wide range of technologies such as Reverse Osmosis, Ultra Filtration, Fixed Film Activated Sludge, Conventional Activated Sludge, Ion Exchange, Media Filtration, Zero Liquid Discharge etc. would be advantageous.
- An understanding of electrical transmission, electrical instrumentation and control systems will be an advantage
- Working experience in feasibility studies and project execution is required while site based experience during construction and/or commissioning is highly recommended.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety regulations as per the OHS act and MHS act.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the E,C & I disciple and its interface with other engineering disciplines.
- Professionally qualified with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer Certification (ECSA)
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to be output / results driven whist building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Technical writing, presentation and planning skills
- Generate and develop equipment tender and cost estimates, man-hour estimates and corresponding proposal documentation.
- Provide input into, and sometimes lead, the pricing of proposals and tenders.
- Review, understand and provide input into the technical sections of proposals and tenders.
- Liaise with prospective and future clients in terms of assessing their needs, attend site visits, propose solutions, provide costs estimates, input into, and sometimes-lead proposal preparation and attend to clarifications.
- Generate scope of work specifications that define the work included, work excluded and battery limits along with technical requirements for each equipment package.
- Use computer aided design (CAD) to assist in design and generation of drawings.
- Compile technical enquiry packages, do technical tender evaluations and compile technical “Approved for Purchase” packages.
- Manage and interface with Vendors/Suppliers and Contractors to meet the project objectives.
- Manage and execute progress inspections, FAT’s and final releases for Vendor/Supplier equipment.
- Review Vendor/Supplier documentation for compliance with technical requirements.
- Manage effective change control for the specific area of responsibility.
- Maintain regular and effective engineering input and oversight
- Maintain effective inter-discipline integration with other disciplines like the Process, Piping, Civil, Structural, C & I and Electrical Departments.
- Provide detail input to plant reviews in terms of layout, equipment placing, maintainability, operability and all such related factors.
- Provide input into the development and optimisation of mechanical drawings and drive development of these drawings through the design and drawing office.
- Provide input during project meetings, HAZOPS’s, client meetings, etc.
- Prepare functional designs for pumps, piping, plate work, structures, supports etc. of minor and medium complexity and liaise with specialist consultants on more complex items.
- Review and approved designs as per above
- Maintain and update mechanical equipment lists and other related registers and schedules.
- Execute work in compliance with all relevant legislation, codes, standards, company policies & procedures.
- Provide office based construction and commission support and from time-to-time attend site visits during the construction phase.
- Execute work to the required quality and within the discipline schedule and budget constraints.
- Keep up-to-date with new Water and Waste Water technologies and the possible integration of such as part of the Company’s value add to Clients.
- Client visits within and outside South Africa
Should you be interested in the position please send your CV to Harry Singleton on firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 November 2021. For any queries regarding this position please call Murray and Roberts Water on 011 456 1036.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.