Veolia Water Technologies South Africa is a holistic water treatment company to municipal and industrial customers. It provides the complete range of services from design and build to modular containerised units to maintenance and commissioning, to treatment facility upgrades, to aftersales service and operational and maintenance contracts – chemical supply included.
Our Mission: To supply holistic, innovative water and wastewater treatment solutions that benefit both customers and the environment.
Aims and Objectives
- Reduce water treatment costs for customers
- Provide safe, flexible, and reliable water treatment and related facilities
- Provide customers with all-round professional services
- Protect our environment
Turnkey and Customised Solutions
Veolia implements turnkey solutions for small and large projects, including a range of industry proven speciality chemicals for water, wastewater and sewage water treatment. In addition, custom-designed solutions tailored to customers’ unique requirements and specifications form part of our speciality. We specialise in:
- Large projects: Specify, design, construct, install and commission large-scale water plants.
- Modular projects: Containerised package plants for smaller-scale water and wastewater treatment solutions in urban and remote areas.
- Chemicals: From boiler and cooling water chemicals to membrane optimization.
- Operations & Maintenance: Technical assistance, planned and unplanned maintenance and daily management services, full operate and maintain contracts.
- Services & Consumables: Field service, spares, membrane manufacture and maintenance contracts, ongoing support and optimisation.
Our experience in Africa has made Veolia the leading water solutions provider on the continent. We are the only water treatment company in Africa that provides holistic solutions for both small and large projects from conceptualisation right through to chemical supply and operation and maintenance.
- Drinking water production
- Domestic wastewater treatment
- Seawater and brackish water desalination
- Water re-use
- Industrial process water production
- Zero liquid discharge (ZLD) for industrial and municipal sites
- Valuable substance recovery
- Modular water and wastewater treatment plants
- Mine water solutions including acid mine drainage
We offer a range of over 350 Veolia-patented leading-edge technologies with the knowledge to combine them for tailor-made solutions.
Using these technologies, we provide solutions for: Clarification | Filtration | Membrane Separation | Ion Exchange | Aerobic and Anaerobic bio-processes | Sludge treatment and handling | Oxidation and Disinfection | Evaporation and Crystallisation
Veolia has 179,000 employees on 5 continents. Veolia’s inter-country branch network and communication systems means that Veolia Water Technologies South Africa can tap into the experience and resources of Veolia specialists anywhere in the world, bringing the best expertise and most up-to-date knowledge to service our customers.
The True Cost of Water
Veolia’s True Cost of Water is a methodology that focuses on the direct and indirect financial implications of water-related risks to help municipalities and industry implement advanced and integrated water solutions. When this methodology is applied, we help customers:
- Manage their water risks better
- Optimise costs associated with water management
- Enhance competitiveness
- Ensure long-term profitability
Veolia Water Technologies South Africa is SABS ISO 9001:2008 compliant and all items manufactured by the company or subcontractors are inspected in accordance with approved Quality Control Plans.
Veolia Water Technologies South Africa Package Plants
Our package plants provide a reliable and affordable potable water or wastewater treatment plant for remote areas. They have low operating and maintenance costs and can be transported to remote locations countrywide and into Africa.
The Mossel Bay desalination plant – South Africa’s largest seawater desalination plant
Veolia Water Technologies designed, built and installed a 15 megalitre per day seawater desalination plant in Mossel Bay, with water supplied via an open sea water intake. Desalinated water is stored in two tanks –5 megalitres per day for Petro SA industrial use, and 10 megalitres per day, which is chemically treated to kill bacteria and balance ph for municipal use.
Durban Water Recycling Plant
Veolia’s flagship municipal wastewater treatment plant in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal reclaims water at a rate of 47.5 megalitres per day, reducing the amount of municipal wastewater discharged into the environment. Domestic and industrial sewage and municipal wastewater is treated to near potable standards for use in industrial processes by high volume industrial customers.
Zero Liquid Discharge: Ambatovy Mine, Madagascar
With a feed capacity of 135m3 / hour producing up to 200 000 tons of ammonium sulphate per annum for soil fertiliser, this is the largest crystallisation and evaporation project in Africa, and one of the largest in the world.