Advanced Water Treatment Control: Coagulation & Flocculation
1 CPD Point – WISA/ ECSA/ SACNASP
Online course aimed at Process Controllers, Superintendents, Plant Managers, Plant Technicians, and Water Sector Officials.
An Assessment will be conducted upon conclusion of the course to ensure quality and a CPD certificate will be awarded to successful learners.
Course Facilitator: Dewald van Staden – Pr PC Water, Pr. Nat.Sci, FWISA, Water & Wastewater Process Control Specialist
Benefits of online training:
- Long Term Value
- Ease of Use
To register for the online CPD accredited course please click on the following link:
Please contact Anita Pillay at email@example.com should you have any queries.
More about this course!
Many of the Process Controllers who are involved with the provision of potable water are quite proficient in their understanding of the processes being applied during treatment, but need some assistance when it comes to the calculations required to optimise these processes. This course focuses on those calculations as they apply to the Coagulation and Flocculation processes.
Who should participate?
- Process Controllers
- Plant Technicians
- Plant Managers
- Water sector professionals
- Officials involved in the treatment of water treatment
- Overview of Water Treatment – Recapping baseline knowledge
- Jar Testing – Test Procedure & Calculating Feed Rate
- Chemical Dosage Calculations
- Pump Settings – Establishing Calibration Curves
- Floc Formation – G-value Calculations
- Coagulation & Flocculation Troubleshooting
There will be an assignment that is to be completed in order for learners to be awarded respective CPD points.
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Perform calculations related to the Coagulation and Flocculation Processes
- Interpret the results from those calculations
- Use the results from those calculations to perform troubleshooting on the Coagulation & Flocculation processes
Core presenter: Dewald van Staden – Pr PC Water, Pr. Nat.Sci, FWISA
Dewald van Staden has been involved in the field of water and wastewater treatment for the last 20 years. He obtained his B.Tech degree in Water Care from the Tshwane University of Technology, is registered with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP) as a Professional Natural Scientist and with the Water Institute of Southern Africa (WISA) as a Professional Process Controller. He currently holds a senior position at Enviro Metsi (Pty) Ltd where his involvement in water and wastewater treatment focuses on management, operation and maintenance of treatment works.